Promoting Improved Emotional Health Through Essential Oils
It is well known that Essential Oils help to improve emotional states and support addiction recovery. Essential Oils are naturally occurring and have been scientifically proven to help you feel better, naturally. This page was created for the love of oils! Dr. Terri, Maggie and Dana all use essential oils within their practice. The use of oils varies from emotional and addiction recovery support to nutritional detox and energetic support. We only use the highest quality oil in our practices and love sharing them with you!
Feel free to discuss with your practitioner the value of using essential oils for your particular circumstance.
Essential Oils Impact Mood
The power of smell is undeniable. Good and bad smells impact the limbic system (emotional system) of the brain. Many people associate smell with negative emotions such as the smell of gun powder. But smells can also be powerful in a positive way such as the smell of your favorite cologne. Essential oils are pretty cool as they reach the brain within 23 seconds of application. That’s incredible! Did you know that all medications are made from either plants or snake venom? Even big Pharma recognize the importance of plant based medicine, and we do too!
Maintaining a positive mood and attitude can be very challenging at times. In today’s fast-paced world, we often experience anxiousness, stress, discouragement, and fatigue. Just as being in a good mood gives you a sense of happiness and well-being, bad moods can also lead to negative feelings over time. When it comes to managing your mood, essential oils can help!
Keep Calm and Balanced
- Cedarwood: Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body.
- Geranium: Diffuse aromatically to calm nerves.
- Arborvitae: Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and tension.
- Patchouli: Rub on temples or apply to the bottoms of feet to calm emotions.
- Ylang Ylang: Put a few drops into Epsom salt bath for relaxation.
- Frankincense: Apply to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
- Roman Chamomile: Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas to soothe the body and mind.
- Vetiver: Diffuse aromatically or use topically with other calming essential oils, such as Lavender, Serenity, or Balance, to better help calm stress.
RESTLESS/LACK OF CONCENTRATION
- Rosemary: Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to help reduce tension, stress, and fatigue.
- Lavender: Add to bath water to soak away stress.
- InTune® Focus Blend: Apply to temples and back of neck to enhance concentration when feeling tired mid-afternoon.
- Clary Sage: Apply to feet or pulse points to balance hormones.
- Bergamot: Diffuse in the classroom or at work
Elevate and Get Energized
- Grapefruit/Lemon/Lime: Rub underneath your nose to sharpen focus while studying or reading.
- Citrus Bliss®: Diffuse aromatically or put one drop on your wrists and rub them together for an uplifting everyday perfume.
- Peppermint: Apply to the palms of hands and deeply inhale for a quick pick-me-up.
- Wild Orange: Energize the mind and body by placing two drops each of Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Frankincense in the palm of your hand. Rub palms together and inhale deeply. during high stress levels.
- Sandalwood: Apply to the neck at bedtime for a restful sleep, or use during meditation.
- Elevation: Diffuse in the mornings to start the day with a positive, uplifted mood.
- Myrrh: Use aromatically to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.